Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful chicken tortilla dish recipe!
- 2 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups cooked chicken (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup shortening or 1⁄3 cup oil
- 15 tortillas
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute the minced garlic in oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes (breaking up with a fork), onio.
- n, green chilies, garlic salt, oregano and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
- In a bowl, combine the cubed cooked chicken, grated cheese and sour cream; mix.
- In a frypan, heat shortening or oil.
- Dip the tortillas in oil, just enough to make them limp; drain.
- Fill the tortillas with chicken mixture; roll up.
- Place open side down in a baking dish.
- Spoon tomato mixture over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until hot.
This is a great dish. It is a favorite in our household. The green chiles just make this dish. Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe.