Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
The finished dish resembles enchiladas and was named by my middle son when he was too young to pronounce the word. It is absolutely delicious though and everyone I serve it too asks for the recipe which is very very simple. I hope your loved ones enjoy it as much as mine do.
- 2 cups chicken breasts (cooked, diced or shredded)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 cups salsa (divided - I prefer Wal Mart Sams Choice medium for the unique flavor)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (divided-I use Kraft 4chs mex blend)
- 8 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn (optional)
- cooking spray
- add chicken to vegetable oil in a skillet and warm thru,.
- add can of rotel and 1 cup salsa, cover and simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally,.
- if using corn add now and heat thru, stir in 1 cup cheese,.
- coat tortillas in remaining salsa,.
- spray 8x8 baking pan lightly, place coated tortilla in baking pan and put 1 dip of chicken mix down the center, roll like an enchilada and push to the edge of pan, continue with remaining tortillas, I like mine saucier so I spread any leftover chicken mix across top of tortillas, spread remaining cheese and bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles and starts to brown, I serve with very simple spanish rice and beans, Enjoy!
i made this when i was trying to figure out what to make hubbie for dinner. i poured enchillada sauce on the bottom of the pan instead of dredging tortillas in salsa. came out very yummy. also, tossed in a little bit of ancho chile powder for a little more kick! served w/quesadillas. will definitely make these again as opposed to regular enchiladas.