Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a little book called Barbeques, Parties and Potlucks from Home Economics Teachers. I love any chicken recipe with green olives. The other ingredients sound intriguing too! Can't wait to try this! Preparation time does not include marinating or extra waiting time.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fig
- 1 cup pitted prune
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish olives, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup capers, with small amount of juice
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound until 1/2" thick.
- Place in single layer in 9x13 glass baking dish or casserole dish.
- In large bowl, mix together garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, figs, prunes, olives, capers with juice, and bay leaves.
- Spoon marinade over chicken.
- Cover and let marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Next day, allow pan to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with brown sugar and pour white wine around.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees, or until juice runs clear when poked with fork.
- Baste frequently with sauce.
- When done, transfer chicken, olives, figs, prunes and capers to a serving platter using a slotted spoon.
- Moisten with a little of the juice and pour the remaining juice into a gravy boat.
- This is also great cold.