Recipe by ElaineAnn
ZWT6 - Asia Cook time does not include marinade time.
Top Review by loof
Great chicken dish! I don't care for onions so left them thinly sliced instead of mincing them into the sauce. I used recipe #38702 (Homemade Curry Powder) and the sauce was richly spiced and the chicken was tender and delicious. I will increase the pepper flakes or add some cayenne to my curry powder next time to turn up the heat a bit. We enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by Mia in Germany)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs fryer chickens, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oleo
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix buttermilk and garlic powder in bowl. Add chicken and let marinate 2 hours or more. Baste and turn often.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet and saute onions 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, mix salt, ginger, curry and cornstarch together in a small bowl and sprinkle over onions, stirring until well blended.
- Drain the chicken (reserve the buttermilk) and cook the chicken in the same skillet until lightly browned. Stir in buttermilk. Cover and cook over low heat 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Baste frequently.