1/1 Photo of Chicken Castellina
I found this on another website and it sounds absolutely yummy! Posting to try later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced or 2 ounces bacon
- 3 ounces butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 12 ounces milk
- 1 ounce cornstarch
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces smoked gouda cheese, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 1/2 ounces artichokes, drained and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2In a 3-qt sauce pan or large pot, sauté pancetta (or bacon) over medium/high heat until crisp and golden (not dark).
- 3Lower heat, add butter and melt.
- 4Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 5Sauté for approximately one minute stirring frequently (do not brown).
- 6Whisk in cream, milk and cornstarch. Raise heat to medium/high.
- 7Whisk in Parmesan and Gouda.
- 8Once cheese melts, add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil stirring continuously.
- 9Remove from heat and let stand uncovered.
- 10CHICKEN & PASTA PREPARATION:.
- 11Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- 12Coat chicken in seasoned flour, shake off excess flour.
- 13Heat olive oil in large sauté pan.
- 14Add chicken in a single layer and cook until golden brown on both sides (it should take approximately seven minutes). Using a meat thermometer, make sure the internal temperature of the thickest piece of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- 15Begin pasta in a separate pot according to package directions.
- 16Add wine to chicken in pan (caution: there will be a low flame in pan). Toss gently until wine is evaporated.
- 17Once reduced, add sauce and bring to a boil on medium/high heat.
- 18Place 6 oz of cooked pasta on each plate.
- 19Evenly distribute chicken and sauce over pasta.
- 20Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Castellina
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1429.9
- Calories from Fat 728
- Total Fat 80.9 g
- Saturated Fat 42.5 g
- Cholesterol 326.7 mg
- Sodium 1616.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 65.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: