Recipe by dale!
This base is divided into 3 portions which can be frozen for up to 3 months. It's used as the base for Mustard and Bacon Casserole, Green Curry and Moroccan Style Casserole (all recipes posted here on Zaar). All you do when you arrive home tired from work is add the extra ingredients to the thawed base and you have a great meal for 4 in 20 minutes! What could be easier than that!
- 4 kg boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the chicken in batches until it's all done.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pan and cook until onions are lightly browned.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Gradually stir in the stock and add the bay leaves.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and cool so you can skim off any fat.
- Divide the mixture into 3 portions.
- They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- They are used as the base for Mustard and Bacon Casserole, Green Curry and Moroccan Style Casserole (all recipes posted here on Zaar).
- All you do is thaw a portion of Chicken casserole base, add the extra ingredients and you have a fantastic fresh meal in 20 minutes!