Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast and easy, this recipe can easily be doubled.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 pinch oregano
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in a saute pan until melted.
- Saute chicken breasts and mushrooms until the chicken is lightly brown and juices run clear.
- Add the proscuitto, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Add marsala wine and cook rapidly to reduce it by half.
- Remove chicken to a broiling pan, top with cheese and broil only until the cheese has melted.
- Pour remaining sauce from pan over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.
Yummylicious! This is so simple and yet so good. My DGS was over for a few days and picked an excellent menu - this, orzo, and broccoli. The only thing that I changed was to use shredded mozzrella rather than sliced. I made enough for my grandson to take home and he was so grateful that he signed up for lots of chores next time he comes over. Yeah - we'll see! lol. Thanks Bren for a great keeper. Made for ZWT7 by an Emerald City Shaker.
Fast, easy and delicious--this chicken was perfect for a weeknight meal. DH says next time he will pound the chicken thin (our breasts were kind of thick) and use more marsala because he would have liked more sauce. Thanks for this keeper. We will definitely make this again.
I am a huge fan of Marsala, Prosciutto, and Mozzarella...so how could I go wrong with this. This is a very nice alternative to a standard marsala sauce. I used bone-in chicken breasts and oven baked them until done. I prepared the sauce on the stove-top then placed the over-top the chicken on the platter. YUM!