Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 large chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- garlic salt or garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 head cabbage (slice finely into strips)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 -4 ounces cream cheese
- parmesan cheese
- In a large *dry* skillet, fry (med heat) up the chicken that has been lightly sprinkled with garlic salt (powder) until it is done and browned and the bottom of the pan is coated with yummy chicken crusties. Remove chicken.
- Add 2 tbsp butter to the pan and throw in all the cabbage. Let wilt a bit.
- Add the 2 cups of water 1/2 a cup at a time and allow each 1/2 cup to evaporate a bit (about 5 minutes) before adding the next.
- Stir periodically through this process.
- Mix the other ½ cup of water with the cream.
- After most of the water has evaporated, pour 1/2 of the cream/water mix into skillet. Allow to boil down slowly.
- Add in cream cheese and stir in to melt.
- When cream is boiled down a bit add in the rest of the cream and reduce down.
- Add chicken and sprinkle in a generous amount of Parmesan cheese; stir.
- Season with garlic powder and cook until you have a nice creamy, thick sauce.
- Divide between 2 plates and enjoy.
- Might be nice to add in some mushrooms as well.
We liked this. It's a good meal to put into a South Beach Diet rotation. I also like the fact that you can stretch your protein with this dish. The sauce provided a nice flavor. Next time, I am going to try to figure out how to make the sauce a bit thicker because I think my family would prefer it more. Thank you for posting a nice low-carb recipe. :) Made for ~My 3 Chefs~