Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is taken from Recipe 84516, Low Carb Pizza, which is very tasty. I made some modifications to lower the number of calories. The original called for heavy cream, but most grocery stores now carry low-carb milk (Hood brand, green and blue cartons). Chicken and broccoli are a great finish on this "crust".
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup egg substitute (or 8 egg whites)
- 1⁄3 cup low-carb milk
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch broccoli (Frozen's OK)
- 3 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat together half the cream cheese, milk, and eggs until smooth. Add any seasonings you want.
- Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Place 2 cups mozzerella cheese in bottom of pan.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the chicken and broccoli and cut into small pieces.
- Remove crust from oven and spread the remaining cream cheese on top.
- Put chicken and broccoli on cream cheese layer, then cover with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
I realized that I didn't have any cream cheese so I used non fat cottage cheese instead. This may have been the reason the "crust" didn't firm very much even after baking an extra 15 minutes. I added tomato sauce instead of the extra layer of cream cheese and topped the pizza with onions, ground turkey breast and bell pepper. For the mozzarella cheese I used garlic and herb almond cheese and this gave a really nice flavor. I added oregano and basil to the egg mixture as well. Despite being a bit more like a lasagna, it was quite tasty. I reviewed this for the adopt a chef contest.