Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The sauce is so incredibly tasty, I'm just wondering what else I can use it on.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Line a 9x13 dish with broccoli.
- Place chunks of raw chicken breast on top.
- In sauce pan place mayo, cream cheese, cream, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and bouillon cubes.
- Cook over low heat and stir until cream cheese melts and bouillon cubes dissolve and are incorporated.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Top with cheddar cheese, and bake for one hour at 350°F.
Maybe take the lemon juice out and trade the 1 cup heavy cream for sour cream instead? It would still have a little zing, but not as much.
Very easy to put together and the sauce is indeed delicious! I used lite mayo and cream cheese to cut down the fat content, this may have made the sauce a little runnier than it should have been, but as Id steamed some cauliflower as an extra vegetable the sauce came in very handy. My husbands comment was "If you look away, I can lick my plate" lol Thanks for posting.
Rather than layer this dish, I mixed everything together. I omitted the lemon and forgot the chicken bouillon, but wow this came out tasty!! Reminds me of a hot spinach dip, I bet it would be great scooped on tortillas!