Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has a rich and hearty flavor & it's a One Dish Meal that is easy and Delicious! You must try this one ! My Family's Favorite around the Holiday's!
- 3 cups instant rice (cooked)
- 1 head broccoli (chopped fine, I use a food processor)
- 2 medium sweet onions (chopped fine)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped fine)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (or chicken)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages Ritz crackers (crushed, & reserve some for the topping) or 2 (4 ounce) packagestownhouse crackers (crushed, & reserve some for the topping)
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Combined all ingredients.
- Place in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle Top of the Casserole with Cracker Crumbs, and Bake on 350° for 30-45 minutes or until Golden Brown.
I really liked this--it was a little different than the other similar casserole recipes. Skipped the butter and added a little milk. I also added some curry powder, which flavored it up, and I sprinkled some breadcrumbs on top, instead of using crackers. Thanks for the recipe!
This casserole was easy to make and moderately healthy, but I did not like the mix of flavors. I thought the finely chopped broccoli was overpowering and not a good mix with the sage. My guests liked it and it did reheat well, but it is nothing that I will probably make again.
This is soooo easy and delish!!! Everyone just loves it. I have made it 4 times now. I add bell peppers and use scallions when I have em!!!! YUM