Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves this dish.(A hard to please bunch) It is quick and not many ingredients. Serve as a main dish with a salad or as a passing dish at relatives.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans broccoli cheese soup
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown chicken in skillet with 1 tbs butter or margarine.
- Cook rice and broccoli separately.
- Drain broccoli.
- Mix soup, chicken, rice and broccoli together.
- place in a 9x13 pan or caserole dish.
- sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese.
- Bake until cheese is glden brown on top (usually about 15-20 minutes).
I used 1/2 more can of soup and 1/2 can of milk to the recipe. my wife loved it also I mixed 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese to the recipe.
This recipe was a good start. However, I gound that it was entirely too dry. The 2 cans of soup were not enough. I added milk and additional shreeded cheese into the caserole. I also seasoned the chicken when I browned it and added onion powder, seasoning salt, and pepper to the dish. After these adjustments it was perfect! You can also use the 98% fat free soup instead of the regular version.