Recipe by invictus
This comes from the May 2008 Ladies' Home Journal magazine in an article about Trisha Yearwood and her kitchen.
Top Review by Sarah*Belle
This is my favorite casserole hands down. My mom has made this for years, but she doesn't make it with rice in it (because I was a picky child and am a picky adult :0 ) So she serves this over rice. I now make it for my husband. Don't leave out the lemon juice, it makes a big difference, and the more cheese the better
- 473.18 ml rice, cooked
- 709.77 ml broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 1419.54 ml boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 283.49 g condensed cream of chicken soup
- 709.77 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly spread rice out into dish. Cover with broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 40 minutes.