Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This comes from the May 2008 Ladies' Home Journal magazine in an article about Trisha Yearwood and her kitchen.
- 473.18 ml rice, cooked
- 709.77 ml broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 1419.54 ml boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 283.49 g condensed cream of chicken soup
- 709.77 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly spread rice out into dish. Cover with broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 40 minutes.
This is my favorite casserole hands down. My mom has made this for years, but she doesn't make it with rice in it (because I was a picky child and am a picky adult :0 ) So she serves this over rice. I now make it for my husband. Don't leave out the lemon juice, it makes a big difference, and the more cheese the better
This was a very tasty casserole. I did add some seasoned salt. Will make again soon. Thanks for posting.
Excellent casserole. Made half a recipe for the two of us and it was great. Only a little left over.
Used all cheddar cheese and loved the flavors.