Recipe by invictus
This comes from the May 2008 Ladies' Home Journal magazine in an article about Trisha Yearwood and her kitchen.
Top Review by Sarah*Belle
This is my favorite casserole hands down. My mom has made this for years, but she doesn't make it with rice in it (because I was a picky child and am a picky adult :0 ) So she serves this over rice. I now make it for my husband. Don't leave out the lemon juice, it makes a big difference, and the more cheese the better
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 3 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 6 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly spread rice out into dish. Cover with broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 40 minutes.