Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I own a restaurant and I created this dish for people that are on a low carb diet.
Make and share this Chicken Broccoli Alfredo - Low Carb recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups of cut up steamed broccoli
- 2 egg yolks
- Melt butter in a large frying pan.
- Cut chicken into large strips sauté in the butter.
- Add onions until golden brown.
- Add broccoli and sauté for one minute.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Add cheese and egg yolk; mix well.
- Serves 4 people.
Super easy and fast to make. I made as directed, but next time I will modify the directions a bit so it's easier to prepare the sauce and I don't have to worry about possibly over cooking the chicken while the sauce is being prepared. I would: Saute the onions first, adding the chicken when the onions are about halfway cooked. Remove the chicken and onions to a bowl and keep warm with the steamed broccoli. Prepare the sauce and pour over the chicken mixture. Like other reviewers, I thought the sauce wasn't thick enough. Next time, I'll add some cornstarch. That will add a small amount of carbs, but DH would rather had a thicker sauce and sacrifice 1 gram of carbs per serving. Thanks for a great recipe!
This was an awesome tasting dish complimented with a side salad with Ranch dressing.
After reading the other reviews, I had extra cheese handy in case it seemed runnier than I'd like, and I did use nearly a cup more. It was delicious, and my DH ate two helpings plus rice (no low-carbing there!).