Recipe by JenSmith
Feeling romantic? This is a simple but impressive dish for you and your special someone to enjoy, without you spending the day slaving away in the kitchen. UUMMMM! Also great for the weeknight rush of family dinners! From Southern Living, Feb. 1986.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a medium skillet. Add chicken, and brown on both sides, about 6--10 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a 1-quart baking dish, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, and sauté; remove mushrooms, and set aside.
- Stir champagne into drippings in skillet; simmer until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Pour over chicken; cover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to platter, reserving liquid. Add sour cream, salt, and pepper to reserved liquid; whisk until smooth. Pour over chicken, top with mushrooms, and serve.