Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple dish goes together quickly and can create a truly elegant meal.
- 2 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 per person)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 8 -16 ounces fresh mushrooms (cleaned & sliced)
- 4 -8 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
- seasoning salt
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (optional)
- Season chicken breasts with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet then add the breasts.
- Brown the breasts on medium heat on both sides, transfer to a baking dish and put into a 350°F oven to finish cooking.
- In the same skillet add another tbsp of oil and add the onions; sauté until translucent.
- Add a couple teaspoons of sugar and the red wine (optional) and sauté until the onions become caramelized.
- Set onions aside.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the skillet.
- Remove the breasts from the oven and spoon some of the caramelized onions atop each one, then spoon some sautéed mushrooms on each. Finally, sprinkle some blue cheese over the mushrooms and place under the broiler for a couple minutes until the cheese becomes slightly browned.
- Serve the breasts on a nest of angel hair pasta or bed of wild rice or couscous.
Simple preparation with results that dazzle! We added some bacon and the crispy texture makes it great! We are going to add a bit of pear next time.