Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery.
Top Review by Derf
Very delicious, the sauce is outstanding, i had no white wine so I used cream sherry, worked beautifully. I added some roasted red pepper to the filling, served with buttered boiled potato and asparagus with thyme. This would make a lovely meal for guests. I will be making it again, thanks for posting.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cutlets pounded very thin
- 4 ounces lean boiled ham, sliced thin (4 slices)
- 4 ounces lowfat swiss cheese, sliced thin (4 slices)
- cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pounded chicken into 8 thin cutlets. Lay out 4 cutlets; top each with 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese, and then top with a second cutlet.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and saute layered chicken-ham-cheese over medium-high heat, carefully turning once, for 8-10 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Respray pan and saute mushrooms and shallot over medium-high heat, stirring for 3 minutes. Add wine to deglaze pan, stirring to scrape up any brown bits, until it's reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth and tarragon and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in any chicken juices that have accumulated on plate and add salt and pepper to taste.