Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is a tasty recipe where the ingredients are likely already in your kitchen! Just because this chicken is quick to prepare doesn't mean it lacks flavor. Serve over steamed rice or bow-tie pasta to finish this creamy chicken dish.
- Heat oil in medium size frying pan.
- Saute mushrooms for 5 minutes (stirring often to prevent burning). Add diced onion and saute until translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add mushroom soup, 1/2 and 1/2, basil, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and take off heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and pat chicken dry.
- Arrange chicken in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with croutons or parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced.
Loved this recipe. Next time I will make double sauce as it so yummy over mashed potatoes or rice. I also will brown the chicken a bit before baking to get rid of the water or buy chicken that is not infused with it! May try with asparagus too.
My family enjoyed this recipe. I flattened the chicken and marinaded it prior to cooking. Still tasted a bit bland though. Would have been even better with mashed potatoes but we are watching our carbs. All in all, good recipe and will try it again.
This one is a keeper!! Thanks for sharing!