Top Review by ImKerri
I don't usually make recipes with canned soups, but this sounded so good I had to try it. We loved these and DH has been asking me to make them for about a month now, so I made them tonight and he was so happy. He just about inhaled them when dinner was ready! Served with Lemon Rice it was an awesome meal!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 small ham slices
- 6 slices small swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- to taste rice, Cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breast halves until thin between two sheets of waxed paper or foil.
- Place a slice of ham and cheese on each chicken piece. Roll up and tuck ends in; secure with small skewers or wooden picks.
- Combine flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, sage and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken rolls in flour mixture. Refrigerate chicken at least 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken rolls and cook, turning, until browned on all sides.
- Place browned chicken in a slow cooker.
- Combine soup and wine and pour over chicken rolls.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Turn control to HIGH.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into cooking juices in cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 10 minutes.
- Serve with hot rice.