Easily adapted for whatever you have on hand. I often substitute thighs for the breasts, regular brandy or apple juice for the apple brandy, and if you can't find Havarti Cheese, Gouda or Colby work well. If you have a newer model slow cooker, this will cook in 4-5 hours, as opposed to 6-7.
- Spread apples in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Arrange chicken, overlapping pieces slightly, on top of apples.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour in brandy.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift chicken and apples to a small baking dish.
- Pour cooking liquid into a small pan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often until liquid reduces (8 minutes).
- Pour liquid over chicken.
- Cover each chicken piece with a slice of cheese and broil in oven until cheese is bubbly (2 minutes).
- Sprinkle with parsley.