Recipe by Ci-Ci
From fitnessmagazine.com. Not an ordinary chicken sandwich!!
Top Review by Starrynews
We loved this sandwich! The chicken came out juicy and tender, with a nice hint of flavor from the herbs. While the chicken was cooking, I roasted a fresh red pepper in the oven to use. So many flavors that come together beautifully. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '12
- 1892.72 ml water
- 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 leaf fresh basil
- 8 slice country bread
- 59.14 ml pesto sauce
- 226.79 g fresh mozzarella cheese, evenly sliced
- 198.44 g jar roasted red peppers
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot about two-thirds full of water. Bring to a gentle simmer and add thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the poaching liquid and simmer until cooked through. Let the chicken cool in the liquid, then remove and slice about 1/4-inch thick. Brush chicken slices with olive oil and top with basil leaves.
- Place 4 slices of bread on a cutting board. Layer the chicken slices evenly over each; spread with 1 tablespoon pesto. On the remaining 4 pieces of bread, place the roasted red pepper strips and sliced mozzarella. Toast all 8 slices of bread in a toaster oven until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble. Remove and top chicken and pesto bread slices with the bread holding the pepper strips and mozzarella.