Recipe by JustJanS
This is an adopted recipe. I can't get the cheese mentioned in Australia, but checked and Gouda is a good substitute, so I'll use that. No idea what a "can of ortega chilis" is, so I'll try a couple of tablespoons of pickled jalapenos.
Top Review by bonjovi4ever
This is the best chicken recipe by far!!! So yummy and so easy. Hubby loved it so much! I did add alot of our favorite seasonings to the chicken breast before baking them. So yummy!!!! Thank u!!! Highly recommend this dish!!!!
- 4 chicken breasts, filets skinless
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 can ortega diced green chilis
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay breasts in 8 by 12 inch Pyrex dish. Season lightly as desired.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix cheese and chilies and place on chicken.
- Sprinkle green onions and bacon on top.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice avocado and arrange on chicken. Serve sour cream on side, if desired. Good with rice or beans, tossed salad, and warm tortillas. Makes 4 hearty servings.