Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an adopted recipe. I can't get the cheese mentioned in Australia, but checked and Gouda is a good substitute, so I'll use that. No idea what a "can of ortega chilis" is, so I'll try a couple of tablespoons of pickled jalapenos.
- Lay breasts in 8 by 12 inch Pyrex dish. Season lightly as desired.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix cheese and chilies and place on chicken.
- Sprinkle green onions and bacon on top.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice avocado and arrange on chicken. Serve sour cream on side, if desired. Good with rice or beans, tossed salad, and warm tortillas. Makes 4 hearty servings.
This is the best chicken recipe by far!!! So yummy and so easy. Hubby loved it so much! I did add alot of our favorite seasonings to the chicken breast before baking them. So yummy!!!! Thank u!!! Highly recommend this dish!!!!
YUM!!!! My husband and I really loved this. I did omit the onions as my husband won't eat them. This was so simple as well. I love quick and tasty recipes.
I thought this was very good way to dress up chicken. The rest of the guys thought it was to overpowering with the chilies and onion. I will definately make again. Whats nice about this is that you can taylor each chicken breast how you want which is exactly what I will do next time. Thanks Jan for some yummy chicken.