Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an adopted recipe. I can't get the cheese mentioned in Australia, but checked and Gouda is a good substitute, so I'll use that. No idea what a "can of ortega chilis" is, so I'll try a couple of tablespoons of pickled jalapenos.
- Lay breasts in 8 by 12 inch Pyrex dish. Season lightly as desired.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix cheese and chilies and place on chicken.
- Sprinkle green onions and bacon on top.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice avocado and arrange on chicken. Serve sour cream on side, if desired. Good with rice or beans, tossed salad, and warm tortillas. Makes 4 hearty servings.