Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 split chicken breasts (on the bone)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 lb fresh tomato, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the chicken breasts.
- Heat a large deep nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Turn the chicken and add the red and green peppers, onion, rosemary and tomatoes to the pan.
- Cook, stirring to spread the vegetables out in the pan, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the wine into the skillet, immediately reduce the heat and cover the pan.
- Cook at a low simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.