Recipe by Manami
There are a lot of recipes here on zaar for Chicken Bourbon or Bourbon Chicken that are Oriental in nature, not this one.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 2 -3 tablespoons shallots or 2 -3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 small pear, finely chopped (2-3 teaspoons)
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon or 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 cup dry white wine, like Chardonnay
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons toasted and chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Instead of preparing the dish in 2 batches, you will get better results if you work 2 pans simultaneaously; divide ingredients between pans.
- Lay chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4" thickness.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, patting off excess.
- In 2 large skillets over medium heat,warm 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in each pan until melted.
- Add chicken, 4 halves per pan, and cook until nicely browned on both sides, about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside till needed.
- Reduce heat to low, divide shallots or green onions and pear between pans, sauteeing for 2 minutes.
- Then add mushrooms to each and saute for 2 minutes.
- Divide bourbon, Chardonnay and chicken broth between pans, increse heat to high and let sauce boil until slightly thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to sauce, reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is firm and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Season with remaining salt and pepper to taste.
- Place each chicken breast on a plate and divide the sauce among them.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve with white fluffy rice, roasted asparagus, and a nice Chablis or Sauvignon Blanc.