nice cheesey, with vegies, and phyllo pastry. Cut into nice wedges and serve..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 2 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated cheese or 1/3 cup romano cheese
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 -5 crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped yelloew pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fine garlic
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1Make filling: Heat about a tbsp.
- 2olive oil in a fry pan with the crushed pepper flakes.
- 3Add onion and cook 1 minute.
- 4Add the sliced mushrooms, green, yellow and red peppers.
- 5Add the zucchini and cook 1 more minute.
- 6Add the garlic, chicken and cook 1 minute.
- 7Add sundried tomatoes, parsley and basil.
- 8Add tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- 9Simmer low heat for 10 minutes-- Everything should just be starting to soften.
- 10Remove from heat and cool to room temp.
- 11Combine the ricotta cheese, provolone, and mozzarella, and parmesan cheese in a bowl with the beaten egg.
- 12Add salt and pepper and nutmeg.
- 13Combine well.
- 14Brush some melted butter on a sheet of phyllo and place in a 10 inch spring form pan.
- 15Letting the edges fall over the sides.
- 16Keep repeating with another six sheets of pastry.
- 17Spread all the cheese mixture over the bottom of the phyllo.
- 18Spoon the filling over the cheese base.
- 19Bring all the hanging edges up over the sides and topping, enclosing all in-- Brush any remaining phyllo pastry with remaining butter and scrunch up to make like a flower, and place on top of your enclosed pie.
- 20Bake 350 degrees oven on middle rack, until pastry is golden, which should take at least 40 minutes.
- 21Cool slightly.
- 22Release from the spring form.
- 23Let cool slightly, before cutting into wedges and serve.
- 24Brush the remaining phyllo pastry.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bastilla Roman Italian Style
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 511.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 17.4 g