Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
nice cheesey, with vegies, and phyllo pastry. Cut into nice wedges and serve..
- 10 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 2 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan grated cheese or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 -5 crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yelloew pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fine garlic
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- Make filling: Heat about a tbsp.
- olive oil in a fry pan with the crushed pepper flakes.
- Add onion and cook 1 minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, green, yellow and red peppers.
- Add the zucchini and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the garlic, chicken and cook 1 minute.
- Add sundried tomatoes, parsley and basil.
- Add tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Simmer low heat for 10 minutes-- Everything should just be starting to soften.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temp.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, provolone, and mozzarella, and parmesan cheese in a bowl with the beaten egg.
- Add salt and pepper and nutmeg.
- Combine well.
- Brush some melted butter on a sheet of phyllo and place in a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Letting the edges fall over the sides.
- Keep repeating with another six sheets of pastry.
- Spread all the cheese mixture over the bottom of the phyllo.
- Spoon the filling over the cheese base.
- Bring all the hanging edges up over the sides and topping, enclosing all in-- Brush any remaining phyllo pastry with remaining butter and scrunch up to make like a flower, and place on top of your enclosed pie.
- Bake 350 degrees oven on middle rack, until pastry is golden, which should take at least 40 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Release from the spring form.
- Let cool slightly, before cutting into wedges and serve.
- Brush the remaining phyllo pastry.