Recipe by Harley Quinn
A spicy Moroccan chicken dish using Harissa, which is a local spice blend. Found on Astray recipes, posted for ZWT4
Top Review by zeldaz51
This is a very good marinade, but we will be making some alterations next time we make it, and we WILL make it again! We would like some salt and a more assertive amount of cinnamon in it, but the harissa and orange is what makes it delicious. We have some extra marinade to try on some fish later in the week. It's not too spicy, so give it a try, you'll like it! We had it with a Moroccan couscous salad and Recipe #493013.
- 1⁄4 cup harissa
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 lbs chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chicken to make a smooth sauce. Thin with orange juice if needed.
- Separate skin from chicken breast being careful not to cut the skin. Place some of the sauce between breast skin and breast.
- Cover chicken with the remainder of the sauce and marinate 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake chicken in a 350ø F oven for two hours until done basting frequently with sauce. Cover chicken with aluminum foil if chicken browns too soon.