Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A southern dish for the die-hard southerners. What more could you ask for? This recipe is fried chicken baked in a butter batter. Heavenly!
- Preheat oven to 350* and lightly grease 12x7x2 inch baking dish.
- For the chicken: Combine flour, salt, and pepper in zip-lock bag.
- Add chicken breasts, and shake until covered.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and drain on paper towl.
- For the batter: In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Lightly beat 4 eggs, and add to flour mixture.
- Stir in milk and remaining melted butter from skillet until batter is well blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Place the chicken on top of the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour until batter is light brown.