Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I serve this a lot when we have hot weather. It's easy to prepare and can be prepared a couple of hours ahead of time and kept cold in the refrigerator. Serve hot garlic bread with this...the different tastes complement each other.
- Scoop the pulp out of the avocado shells, reserving the shells.
- Dice pulp.
- Combine the Chicken, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the diced avocado pulp to the chicken mixture and toss gently.
- Fill avocado shells with chicken mixture and top with egg slices.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
This is a very good tasting salad, with ingredients that go together well. The suggestion to serve it in avocado shells is not, in my opinion, a very good one. First of all, I don't think its really all that attractive. Next, maybe because I increased the celery considerably, it wouldn't fit in the fairly big avocado shells I had. Also because I do not really like having things that are inedible mixed up in my food, and lastly because I don't like taking extra time for things that are not useful. I do prefer the egg chopped and mixed in the salad. However, I would never subtract one star for this - half at most. And it gains a half for the lovely flavor. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us. I am sure there are more artsy crafty people around who would agree with your serving advice.
This is a refreshing meal when eaten with lettuce.