Recipe by FoodisGood
I've been trying to add more protein to my "almost vegetarian" diet. This sandwich was inspired by an avocado!
Top Review by Cookie in Ontario
Very good. I didn't use the dates or the jalapeno pepper. But I bought some fresh dates to snack on. We got a whole BBQ chicken at the store deli and used slices of that. Hubby & I both liked this! Thank you
- 1⁄3 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 -2 scallion
- 4 slices oven-roasted deli chicken
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 1 dates
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the avocado(skinned), date(remove the sedd first!), jalapeno pepper and mayonnaise in a food processor to chunky paste.
- Roast the chicken slices gently on both sides in a small skillet.
- Toast the bread and layer the avocado-date spread on a slice and add chopped scallions to top.
- Layer the chicken and the toast. Enjoy!