- 1 (12 ounce) packageof vegetable spiral shaped pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (you could use any color pepper you happen to have on hand, the red just gives it color)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 medium chicken breasts, cooked and sliced (I like to make this when I have leftover grilled chicken)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus cuts, thawed or 1 bunch fresh asparagus, steamed and cut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic and cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, soup, 1 cup pepper-jack cheese, eggs and black pepper in large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in cut up chicken and asparagus.
- Next stir in bell pepper mix and cooked pasta.
- Spread in large, 13x9 casserole dish that has been oiled, and top with remaining cup of pepper-jack cheese.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until center is set and cheese is bubble and lightly browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.