Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a variation of a recipe I found on VirtualCities, which originally called for Mozzarella cheese. Asiago is simply tastier. This is an elegant dish that is nice for company. I serve it with grilled zucchini and peppers and garlic bread.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed and chopped, whites and some green parts
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) jarfavorite spaghetti sauce (I like Emeril's)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced manzanilla pimento stuffed olive
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, grated
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, pepper, oregano, garlic salt in a baggie.
- Cut the chicken into one bite chunks and toss them in the flour mix.
- Heat the two oils in a skillet and saute the vegetables.
- Remove them and add the chicken, lightly browning it.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels.
- Into a medium baking dish, pour half the spaghetti sauce, topping it with the chicken chunks, vegetables, olives then the rest of the sauce.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and put in the oven.
- Cook the egg noodles in water with salt according to package directions, then drain and toss with olive oil.
- Heat the chicken/cheese dish only until the cheese melts, about 20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on beds of noodles with extra tomato sauce, if you like.
Wonderful chicken dish! I totally agree with you about using asiagio instead of mozarella.... the asagio it makes it very tasty. Loved it. Thanx for sharing.