This is a variation of a recipe I found on VirtualCities, which originally called for Mozzarella cheese. Asiago is simply tastier. This is an elegant dish that is nice for company. I serve it with grilled zucchini and peppers and garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed and chopped, whites and some green parts
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) jar favorite spaghetti sauce (I like Emeril's)
- 1/2 cup sliced manzanilla pimento stuffed olive
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, grated
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together the flour, pepper, oregano, garlic salt in a baggie.
- 3Cut the chicken into one bite chunks and toss them in the flour mix.
- 4Heat the two oils in a skillet and saute the vegetables.
- 5Remove them and add the chicken, lightly browning it.
- 6Drain the chicken on paper towels.
- 7Into a medium baking dish, pour half the spaghetti sauce, topping it with the chicken chunks, vegetables, olives then the rest of the sauce.
- 8Sprinkle on the cheese and put in the oven.
- 9Cook the egg noodles in water with salt according to package directions, then drain and toss with olive oil.
- 10Heat the chicken/cheese dish only until the cheese melts, about 20 minutes.
- 11Serve the chicken on beds of noodles with extra tomato sauce, if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Asiago With Olives
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.1
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 1150.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives