Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Southern Living (Dec/2000) on-line; made a few adaptations. It was a bit hit last Christmas--very pretty to look at and simply DELICIOUS. I made it as an oblong gift box. It is extremely easy to make and looks like you worked for hours.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 7 -8 green onion stems, 1 red chile pepper, halved
- Cream first 9 ingredients in a food processor; spoon into straight-sided 9 x 5” loafpan lined with plastic wrap. Cover and chill 8 hours (freeze up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator 8 hours). Invert onto plate; remove plastic wrap. Smooth sides to straighten it as a box.
- Garnish: plunge green onion in boiling water then in ice water. Drain, dry well between paper towels. Press into sides of cheese square, beginning with end of one stem on each side. Bring stems up and over to center of top; form loops with remaining stems; secure with wooden picks. Arrange chile pepper halves on top.