Recipe by Scrivener1
This dish is wonderfully simple and looks very elegant when served. You will impress your guests and family with this one. My step sister in law gave me this one. Thanks Diane!
Top Review by thecakeladyrocks
I think this recipe has great potential however; not sure if ingredients and steps were left out. The mushrooms were floating in the chicken broth after 30 minutes and were still uncooked. I removed the chicken(very moist and tender-Yum) and covered with foil. I poured the broth and mushrooms into a saute pan and added minced garlic with a generous grind of black pepper. I let these cook on medium heat for about 12 minutes while the broth reduced to about half. I poured the mushroom sauce on top of the chicken to serve. If the chef see's this review please respond if something was left out on the original submission. Thanks
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half of the mushrooms in a 13x9 baking pan.
- Dip chicken in beaten eggs and roll in bread crumbs.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken on top of mushrooms.
- Arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken.
- Top with cheese.
- Add chicken broth to pan.
- Bake at 350 deg. F. for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice. Top with fresh parsley.