Recipe by carole in orlando
Thanks to Kim127 this is a recipe from Maine and Florida. It's a complete meal and not that "illegal". We always need zucchini recipes and this was a very good casserole dish.
- 1 whole chicken breast, cut in 4 equal pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing, of your choice
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the chicken pieces at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes, wrapped in foil, and covered with the Italian dressing.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise.
- Make the sauce by cooking the onion until tender in the olive oil, add the garlic, tomatoes, sugar and capers.
- Cook in skillet until heated through.
- Pour sauce in 9x13 baking dish, lay zucchini on the top of the sauce in a single layer.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces on top of the zucchini.
- Sprinkle the whole casserole with the topping of breadcrumbs and cheese. Drizzle leftover broth from foil that chicken was baked in over the breadcrumbs, about 1/2 cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, uncovered.