1/3 Photos of Chicken and Ziti With Asparagus in a Creamy Sauce
Petite Mommy's Note:
Amazing healthy but absolutely delicious! (This recipe is courtesy of foodfit.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 (340.19 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 29.58 ml low-fat sour cream
- 340.19 g ziti pasta or 340.19 g penne
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Place the asparagus in a colander and lower it into the boiling water. Cook the asparagus until it is just tender, about 2-4 minutes. Plunge the colander of asparagus into a bowl of ice water. When the asparagus is cool, remove the colander from the ice water and drain.
- 3Top off the pot of water, if necessary, and bring it back to a boil.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over moderately high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the pan. Sauté the chicken until golden on all sides.
- 5Add the red peppers and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove the chicken and red peppers from the pan and set aside.
- 6Turn the heat down to medium, add the wine and reduce until it is almost completely evaporated. Add the chicken stock and reduce by half. Add the low-fat sour cream and stir until the sauce is creamy. Add the chicken, red peppers and asparagus to the sauce and heat thoroughly. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for about 12 minutes until it is al dente. Drain and toss with the chicken and cream sauce. Serve immediately in warm pasta bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Ziti With Asparagus in a Creamy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 144.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 33.7 g