This lovely, cool, summer salad can be served at barbeques, picnics and even would make a wonderful main course served with garlic bread.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped (including the green parts)
- 25 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 75 g seedless black grapes, halves
- lettuce leaf
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite-size, 1 inch thick pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Next add in the chopped celery, spring onions and chopped walnuts.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl add the tarragon, mayonnaise, yoghurt, minced garlic and season with salt and pepper and blend everything together thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together well to get a good coating of the dressing.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a large, shallow serving dish, pile the chicken salad on top and sprinkle the grapes all over.
I wish for 10 stars for this winner!!! The dressing is TDF! The flavors of the salad meld beautifully. This is a guest-worthy recipe! Makes my mouth water just remembering lunch today!
Delicious! I absolutely adore the flavor of French Tarragon, and this recipe marries it perfectly with the light onion and garlic in the dressing. We loved the crunch from both the walnuts (which I toasted) and the celery, and the bit of sweetness from the grapes. For my own dietary reasons, I had to leave out the yogurt, so instead used 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, two teaspoons of rice vinegar and one teaspoon of water. This gave just a bit of tang as the yogurt would have, and I don't think it really changed the texture too much, though perhaps made it a wee bit more runny. Nonetheless, a 5-star recipe all around. Thanks, A&A's mum!
Perfect in every respect just exactly as posted! And very easy, too. I made the dressing early in the day, cut the meat up, and mixed the two together. I love tarragon and walnuts are a great addition to this salad. I served ours with homemade bread. Thanks for sharing a keeper! Made for "Please Review My Recipe" tag.