Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
This lovely, cool, summer salad can be served at barbeques, picnics and even would make a wonderful main course served with garlic bread.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
I wish for 10 stars for this winner!!! The dressing is TDF! The flavors of the salad meld beautifully. This is a guest-worthy recipe! Makes my mouth water just remembering lunch today!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped (including the green parts)
- 25 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 75 g seedless black grapes, halves
- lettuce leaf
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite-size, 1 inch thick pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Next add in the chopped celery, spring onions and chopped walnuts.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl add the tarragon, mayonnaise, yoghurt, minced garlic and season with salt and pepper and blend everything together thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together well to get a good coating of the dressing.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a large, shallow serving dish, pile the chicken salad on top and sprinkle the grapes all over.