Tangy Tarragon Shrimp Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (21-25 shrimp or lb.)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- In a medium stockpot over high heat, bring 4 qts. of abundantly salted water to a rolling boil. Add the shrimp and cook until just pink, about 3 minutes. Immediately transfer to a colander and run under cool water to stop the shrimp from cooking any further (only takes several seconds; shrimp should still be slightly warm when dressed). Shake colander to drain any excess water.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo, sour cream, and tarragon. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the warm shrimp with the lemon juice and vinegar. Stir in the celery and scallions. Add the mayo mixture, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Taste to correct seasoning.
Join The Conversation