Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken in mushroom wine sauce over Swiss cheese-topped french bread!
Make and share this Chicken and Swiss Extraordinaire recipe from Food.com.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thick slices French bread
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 200F (for bread slices).
- Mix flour and garlic powder in shallow dish. Add chicken one piece at a time, dredging to coat.
- Place oil in skillet and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning once, or until brown on all sides.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until juices from chicken run clear. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add butter to skillet; add mushrooms and saute over low heat about 3 minutes. Push mushrooms to side; add wine and stir to loosen brown bits. Add pepper.
- Return chicken to fry pan and simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Place slices of bread on baking sheet in single layer. Place slice of cheese on each slice of bread. Place in 200F oven until cheese is melted.
- Place chicken and mushroom mixture on top of bread slices and serve.
Great recipe! I did add a little salt, but otherwise left the recipe as posted. DS enjoyed it with just the chicken....no sauce, and everyone else enjoyed it as posted. Great open-faced sandwich. Thanks for posting. Made for Newest Zaar tag.