Recipe by Charmie777
From Canadian Living magazine. Sounds like pure comfort food!
Top Review by *Parsley*
I am happy to be the first reviewer on this recipe! It was very easy to make and the flavor is perfect...... just the right amount of spice. I made this using the b/s thighs just as written and made no changes. We loved this and I'll make this again. Thanx for posting!
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4 breasts if you prefer)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel sweet potatoes. Cut potatoes and chicken into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Set sweet potatoes aside. In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, about 10 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Drain fat from pan; heat remaining oil over medium heat. Fry onion, green pepper, garlic, ginger, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, stirring often, until onion is softened, 4 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and chicken stock; bring to boil. Return chicken and any juices to pan; cover and simmer until juices run clear when chicken is pierced and sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook over high heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.