Chris Reynolds's Note:
A Woman's Day recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for ramekins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 -2 1/2 lbs cooked whole chickens
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Oil four 12 oz ramekins, or use a 9" pie plate.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the onion, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and cook, covered, stirring occasionally until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, shred chicken discarding bones and skin; set aside.
- 4Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the wine and then the broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the chicken, peas, parsley, tarragon, and nutmeg.
- 6Divide the mixture among the prepared ramekins (about 3/4 C each).
- 7Using a 4" round cookie cutter, cut out 4 pieces of puff pastry. Place the pastry on top of the ramekins.
- 8Place the pot pies on a rimmed baking sheet (line with foil to catch drips). Brush pastry with beaten egg. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Sweet Potato Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (586 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.0
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 153.4 mg
- Sodium 707.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 38.8 g