Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Goes wonderfully with spaghetti noodles covered with butter and Parmesan and a green vegetable.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (approx. 3 lbs.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced into thin pieces
- Heat oil in skillet. Add several pieces of chicken at a time, but make sure not to crowd the skillet so the chicken can brown evenly.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker as it finishes browning.
- Add garlic, wine, chicken stock, and basil to skillet. Bring to a boil. Scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour over chicken. Scatter tomatoes over the top.
- Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- (Ideal crock pot size is 6 quart).