We were treated to this at a friends house for dinner. Very good! Recipe can easily made ahead and be halved. What I especially like about it it, it is NOT too cheesy! Easy to make and easy to serve. I prefer making the shells for that reason.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to package directions, squeezed very well to drain
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces manicotti or 8 ounces jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained, cooked al dente
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinara sauce (*may want extra with serving)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, ricotta cheese, spinach, 1/2 cup half and half, bread crumbs, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and black pepper; mix well.
- Spread 1/4 C sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; Stuff chicken & cheese mixture into manicotti; line up shells in the baking dish.
- Combine remaning marinara sauce and remaining 3/4 cup half and half; pour over stuffed manicotti. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.