Recipe by samcp4
Serve by themselves or with rice. I often make double the quantity of pancakes and freeze half. To save time you can always buy the pancakes.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cm cube gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 spring onions, cut into strips
- 225 g plain flour, seived
- 150 ml boiling water
- 2 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- For the pancakes mix together the flour, boiling water and 1 tsp of oil, knead to form a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 and roll each portion into a long sausage.
- Cut each sausage into 6 pieces, and press each piece into a flat circle.
- Brush six of the twelve pancakes with the rest of the oil and place the other six on top.
- Using a rolling pin roll each pancake sandwich into a 6" circle on a floured surface.
- Heat an ungreased pan over a high heat, reduce the heat and add a pancake.
- When small brown spots appear on the underside turn the pancake and cook until it starts to puff up with air bubbles.
- Peel apart the two layers, and repeat the procedure for the remaning pancakes.
- Mix the chicken, ginger, honey and soy sauce together and leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbls of oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken mix through, this should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken with a slatted spoon leaving the liquid in the pan.
- Add the cornflour to the liquid and heat through stirring until you have a thick sauce.
- Cover each pancake with the sauce, spring onion strips and chicken. Roll into cylinders and serve.