Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
More from the Kraft Foods tapas party. This one isn't getting much modification, just taking out name brands. Cook time includes a 30 minute soak for the skewers and a 30 minute marinade (no-work time when you could be prepping something else).
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Soak 12 eight inch skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise, pepper, and garlic in a shallow dish until well blended. Thread 2 to 3 pieces of chicken on each skewer and place in shallow dish. Rotate skewers in dish to thoroughly coat the chicken in the mayonnaise mixture. Marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Remove skewers from marinade and place in the rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 inches away from heat for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally.
These were quick and easy to prepare and fun to serve for a relaxed supper. I loved the favor of the roasted peppers and garlic together. I think nextime I would round it out with black pepper, pimeton, or maybe even cumin. Regardless of which to add, this is a keeper. To make these consistent with the WW Core program, I used non fat mayo which is... ummm... gloppy. Find that a couple tablespoons of nonfat sour cream gives mayo the right consistency. Thanks!!
I LOVE this recipe! It was so easy and my husband begged me to make it again. I made up a batch and froze half (without the skewers). I thawed it out and threw it on the grill - it was that easy. It was so quick to make and soooooo delicious!