Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love puff pastry!
Make and share this Chicken and Rice Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed overnight in refrigerator
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- Adjust oven rack to middle position - heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut puff pastry in half, then cut each half into thirds. Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet until golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels -season with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half of chicken until no longer pink, 1 to 2 minutes per side; cut into cubes and transfer to medium bowl. Repeat with additional 1 tablespoon butter and remaining chicken.
- Add flour and remaining butter to empty skillet and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in rice, broth, and cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, until rice is nearly tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots, scallions, and chicken, along with any accumulated juices. Simmer until sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with puff pastry. Serve.