Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe. But was looking for something to do with some red wine I had left over and found this.A simple red wine sauce with brown sugar, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper makes this dish simply yummy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook garlic in oil until tender.
- Place chicken in the skillet, and cook about 10 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Drain oil from skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Pour red wine around chicken. Cover, and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes; lightly baste chicken with wine sauce while cooking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
A keeper! Quick, simple and delicious! My only criticism would be that the sauce came out a little too sweet. Next time I will pull the brown sugar a little back.
Very nice taste. Simple directions makes a sweet and tasty chicken meal.