1/2 Photos of Chicken and Red Pepper Stir Fry
Years ago, I got a batch of tried and true from my internet pal, Sylvia in Montreal (later of Ottawa). This is one of them. Very easy to make. Very easy to eat. This is really fast food that's good for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- red pepper flakes or cayenne
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1Cut chicken into thin 2 inch (5 cm) long strips; set aside; cut red pepper into strips; set aside; using vegetable peeler remove thin orange rind and cut into julienne strips; set aside.
- 2Squeeze orange and reserve 1/4 cup (50 ml) juice in small bowl; stir in chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil, pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- 3In wok or large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over high heat; stir fry chicken until no longer pink inside, 3 or 4 minutes; remove
- 4chicken and set aside; heat remaining oil in the wok or pan; stir fry gingerroot and garlic for 10 seconds; add orange rind and red pepper, stir fry for 1 minute or until tender crisp; stir in soy sauce mixture; cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 5Return chicken to wok and stir until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Red Pepper Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 606.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 29.9 g