Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 55 mins
Cook 35 mins
Popular on the 'Barby"
Make and share this Chicken and Prawn Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 350 g chicken breast fillets
- 500 g large green shrimp
- 1 (420 g) can apricot halves (reserve juice)
- 1 (420 g) can pineapple rings (reserve juice)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (extra)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Cut chicken into large bitesize pieces.
- Peel and devein the prawns.
- Drain apricot halves and pineapple slices, reserving the juice.
- Cut the pineapple slices into 4.
- Thread the prepared chicken, prawns and fruit alternately onto metal skewers.
- Combine 1 cup reserved pineapple juice with grated ginger, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over kebabs and marinate 30 minutes.
- Remove from marinade and barbecue over a hot flatplate for 5 minutes each side or until the chicken is tender and prawns have turned pink.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining marinade in a pan on the edge of the barbecue, thicken with combined cornflour and water, add the extra grated ginger and spring onions and allow to boil until the sauce thickens.
- Serve Chicken and Prawn kebabs immediately.