1 hr 30 mins
Popular on the 'Barby"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g chicken breast fillets
- 500 g large green shrimp
- 1 (420 g) can apricot halves (reserve juice)
- 1 (420 g) can pineapple rings (reserve juice)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (extra)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1Cut chicken into large bitesize pieces.
- 2Peel and devein the prawns.
- 3Drain apricot halves and pineapple slices, reserving the juice.
- 4Cut the pineapple slices into 4.
- 5Thread the prepared chicken, prawns and fruit alternately onto metal skewers.
- 6Combine 1 cup reserved pineapple juice with grated ginger, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour mixture over kebabs and marinate 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from marinade and barbecue over a hot flatplate for 5 minutes each side or until the chicken is tender and prawns have turned pink.
- 9Meanwhile, heat the remaining marinade in a pan on the edge of the barbecue, thicken with combined cornflour and water, add the extra grated ginger and spring onions and allow to boil until the sauce thickens.
- 10Serve Chicken and Prawn kebabs immediately.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Prawn Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Sodium 544.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 24.6 g