A rich-tasting chicken dish that comes together really fast once the prep work is done.
Make and share this Chicken and Mushrooms in Sherry-Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips (about 2-2 1/2 lbs, I find that 3 breasts adequately feeds my family)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons medium-dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- cooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- Pat chicken dry and toss with flour and season to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tblsp of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking; brown chicken and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining tblsp of oil until hot but not smoking and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add Sherry and lemon juice and deglaze skillet, stirring and scraping up brown bits.
- Stir in chicken, cream and broth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and boil until thickened.
- Arrange noodles on a platter, spoon chicken and sauce over and sprinkle with parsley.