1/3 Photos of Chicken and Mushrooms in Sherry-Cream Sauce
A rich-tasting chicken dish that comes together really fast once the prep work is done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips (about 2-2 1/2 lbs, I find that 3 breasts adequately feeds my family)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons medium-dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- cooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1Pat chicken dry and toss with flour and season to taste.
- 2In a large skillet, heat 1 tblsp of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking; brown chicken and transfer to a bowl.
- 3Heat remaining tblsp of oil until hot but not smoking and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- 4Add Sherry and lemon juice and deglaze skillet, stirring and scraping up brown bits.
- 5Stir in chicken, cream and broth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 6Bring to a boil and boil until thickened.
- 7Arrange noodles on a platter, spoon chicken and sauce over and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushrooms in Sherry-Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 208.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 22.2 g